Refuse and Waste Management
‘Working in the waste and recycling industry is one of the most dangerous jobs in Britain’
Working in the waste and recycling industry is one of the most dangerous jobs in Britain according to the Health and Safety Executive. The report ‘Mapping Health and Safety Standards in the UK Waste Industry’ found that fatal incidents in the industry were more than ten times the national average and reportable incidents were more than four times as likely.
Incidents in the industry include;
- People falling in or being dragged into the hopper.
- Reversing accidents due to the rear blind spot – operators choosing to view into the hopper rather than behind the vehicle.
- Collisions with people and objects caught in the nearside blind spot.
- People, particularly children, being hit by the front of the vehicle due to the front blind spot.
- Complaints with regards to noisy reversing alarms during early hours of the morning.
- Damage to parked vehicles.
- Collisions with other traffic.
Brigade is here to help
By working in partnership to understand your safety concerns, Brigade’s team of engineers strive to bring innovative answers to the market place. By making a small investment in Brigade’s safety solutions you can achieve clearly defined and measurable benefits as shown below – but most notably improved safety for workers and the public and significant cost savings too.
- All round vehicle visibility for safer, more efficient operation
- Reduced accidents
- Reduced insurance premiums
- Reduced vehicle downtime due to accidents
- Theft and vandalism deterrent
- Vehicle security surveillance
- False claim prevention
- Reduced noise complaints
- Meet health and safety requirements
- Peace of mind for management and workers
- Strengthen companies reputation in the community